Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Steamboat Springs, Colorado-The Little Big Town




My family and I took a trip to Steamboat Colorado a couple years ago during the winter. We strapped our skis and poles to the top of our Jeep and took off! Normally I hate driving places, but the trek to Steamboat was beyond beautiful. When we arrived, I was exhausted but the view of the Steamboat mountains opened up my eyes in a heartbeat. The cute little town was comforting, and for some reason familiar, even though we have never been there before. At night the streets lit up. It look as if we were capture in a perfect little snow globe. It was astonishing.

First let me say... the snow was fantastic, light, and dry. The food choice on the mountain was almost as good if not better then the snow! After our long ski day, my clan and I were looking for a place to  eat and relax, that wasn't really, unfamiliar, or out of our comfort zone. Word on the street was that Mazzola's Itallian on 917 lincoln ave was hoppin! So, we gave it a go, and what do you know, it was amazing.
On the Mountain
"Steamboat Springs." - Skiing. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Oct. 2014.


So your probably wondering why "Springs" in included in the name. Well, besides a great ski mountain Steamboat has to offer, there are natural hot springs just around the corner.  We went to a recreational, more of a commercial hot springs called, Old Town Hot Springs, and it wasn't my favorite because I didn't get the spontaneous feel. But, my family and I took a journey far out town to find Strawberry Park Hot Springs. I was super confused on why we were driving so far for a hot springs at first, but when we arrived, I was convinced it was worth. It was totally non-commercial  and natural. There was snow surrounding the pools while hot steaming water arose. I took a step in and I could feel the warmth coming from earths core. The smell of the minerals were in the air. It was a good time.
Strawberry Hot Springs
"Summer Schedule Sweet Pea Tours - Steamboat Springs, Colorado."Summer Schedule Sweet Pea Tours - Steamboat Springs, Colorado. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Oct. 2014.

Our trip to steamboat was a trip well taken! Even if your not a skier or a snowboarder there is plenty to do.  If your looking for a home away from home cheek out Steamboat Springs, Colorado. 







No comments:

Post a Comment