Sunday, May 10, 2015

Simple Pleasures


My friends and family have been receiving a bit of a negative attitude from me lately. I know from experience that being around gloomy people isn't always uplifting, it honestly  brings you down. You can waste so much energy trying to be negative when it's so simple to just be happy. You will run into so many people in life that try to bring you down, because the world is a rat race; so be nice to the people who aren't. Don't be like the rest of the people in the world. Its so heartbreaking to see someone who was once always happy change to being sad and somber. Being pleasant shouldn't be a burden. It's so simple to be happy! I wanted to brainstorm things that I love, that make me happy and not so pessimistic, to remind myself to be happier with things that I love.

1. Music- Music always relieves my stress. I constantly have my "buds" in. Music is a good way to express feelings. It helps you shut out the world for five minutes or an hour depending on what you want or need. Music is a necessity on my life. If I couldn't come home and listen to my favorite rock bands or indie singer/songwriters, life would be much harder than it already needs to be. Music is a source of relief that is much needed in my life.



2. The smell of sunscreen- The original scent of sunscreen never fails to make me smile. It reminds me of family trips to Tampa bay in the summer with my godparents, aunts, and uncles. When you open a bottle, it screams summer! There is only a few things that I like more than summer. I simply love the sweet scent of sunscreen.



3. Rainy days- Most people feel sad or depressed when it rains outside, but it makes me feel alive! I live in a desert so every ounce of rain we get, I cherish. Rain helps the earth and plants grow and be "green." Plants are basically happy little babies that live grounded  in soil. When the plants are happy, I'm happy!



4. Sailing at sunset- Every experience I have with sailing, I absolutely adore. Whether its 420 sailing, which is more physical and fast moving, or a big sail boat that I don't even rig or control, I love sunsets on lakes. Being on the water during a radiant sunset makes the sailing experience much more satisfying.



5. Meeting new people- When you meet a new person, you expand your possibility of friendships. Also, you start with a clean new slate to make a first good impression!



6. Conversation- Conversing with a person is so worked up nowadays. So, whenever I get the chance to have a sincere talk with a person, I value that time spent conversing.

8. Ocean hair- After a long day at the beach, tossing and twirling in the saltwater, my hair starts to soak up the salt, sand, and sun! After all, saltwater soothes the soul.




Spa Days
Source: retallackresort.co.uk




9. Spa days- A day at the spa with any friend or family member can never be regretted. A nice facial or mani-petti always feels so glamorous!



10. Friday night lacrosse games- No words can explain the love I have for my high school lacrosse team. On Friday nights we would have home games and they were always a blast! mostly, because we would always come out with the win, and my team is so lovable and supportive. The Friday night "vibe" I get from lacrosse games make me truly happy.



11. Sweet tea- Drinking sweet iced tea always can put a smile on my face, reminding me of the summers I spent in the south with my grandparents.




 Just remember to always be happy

Smile:)
Source: clipartpanda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment