Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Rome, Italy- The Late Night City?





"Flight from Salt Lake City to Leonardo da Vinci airport of Rome boards in 10 minutes." Thats when it sunk in. 

The flight wasn't that glamourous. Long and pretty boring. When we landed at night, IT WAS SO...just kidding, I was asleep, I wouldn't have known. Normally the landing of a flight into Italy would be just lovely, I wish I had been awake. Anyways, all I can say is hectic. Hectic our taxi drive to our hotel was. The driver was speedy and roads were a mess during the busy night. The hotel brought croissants to our room for breakfast that morning. So delicious. The food in America doesn't even compare to food Europeans eat daily. One night, my mom booked a fancy dinner at a restaurant in the local part of the city. The reservation was for 6:30. We walked in eagerly to eat with "real life" italians. We sat down and took a look around us and all american tourist surrounded us. "What!" My mom quietly said. I could tell she was a bit disappointed. We enjoyed our scrumptious dinner, spaghetti and hearty meatballs. As we asked for the bill around 8:30, all of the locals poured in rapidly. I guess a night out in Italy for the natives, happens late. In theory, Europeans eat much later then americans. 
The Streets
"The Streets of Rome ... Click to See Full Size!" TripAdvisor® TripWow. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Oct. 2014.

If you ever decide to travel to Rome Italy, spare yourself a trip to the famous Roman Colosseum. When your eyes fixated on it, you would believe your living in 753 BC. It was modern yet so historical and preserved. Almost sacred. I imagined the mighty gladiators battling for their lives in the grand arena. 


Another great thing is, gelato. Stands are located everywhere. If you don't like heat, than a flavorful gelato can keep you cool!
The Colosseum at Night
"Colosseum." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 21 Oct. 2014. Web. 22 Oct. 2014.

That trip I took to Europe wasn't spent leisurely. I had to take in so much information while touring around. The days we got to just simply rome the street of Rome (get it?), I cherished. But on the bright side, History class comes easy to me now. Rome...just splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment