Sunday, May 10, 2015

My Indecisive Future



Part 1...

College is in the Future


Recently, in my mind I have been planning out my future. I have been really trying hard, and putting forth my best work and effort in school, and lacrosse. I understand that school and education comes first, and that is my number one priority. With going to school every week, comes with getting good grades. But what's the point? Many teenagers are probably contemplating that question in their developing minds right now. Some follow the wrong path and/or get caught up in stupid stuff that only matters in the moment, "the trend of the day." But, I'm starting to care about other things greater then social image in school, or how I'm going to get the most attention. I'm starting to care about how my decisions now will reflect later on in life, my future.

College is definitely something that I want to pursue. I want to go to a school that majors in a topic that I'm specifically interested in, that will show and reflect my interests when applying for jobs later down the road. 

I'm debating if I would like to shoot high, for more of a conservative lifestyle in college. Specifically a private or D3 school. Or, do I want to attend a large D1 college; generally a state school, or a big university. I have two sides of my personality and I can't come to consensus with the two and decide what I want. But, either way, hard work will play a huge role in what I end up choosing. 

Lacrosse is kind off a different story. There are really good lacrosse schools preferably on the east. But, I shouldn't be interested in a school because I like their lacrosse program. What happens after college lacrosse? The chances of a thirty year old lady trying out for the U.S. team and making the team. is pretty slim. I want a secure future, and to receive that, I will need to look at a school for their academics that meet my standards and interests.

 There are a lot of kids now days that are committing to a school just for the sport and thats generally not a very intelligent decision. I love the "broken leg test." Im sure you have heard it...if you go to a school for a sport and you break your leg, you obviously can't play. Will you like the school still? Just like a said earlier, you like a school for its schooling not its sports team. 

Lastly, is the school in an physical environment that I generally appreciate? Thats a big factor. For an example, a little Utah girl going to school in Long Island, New York, with all locals probably won't be very pleasurable. Location is something that I have been planning too.


College!

Source: vhhscougars.org


Part 2...


I Just Don't Know

Every time I visit a different part of the country, I fall in love with the different behavior and style there. When I'm chilling at home, I often find myself thinking about the beach and how awesome it would be to go to a school in California right on the water. Each time I spend in California the greater my appreciation grows. Just thinking about how fabulous my tan would be if I basked in the sun on my free time. Or, how fun it would be to play lacrosse in sunny weather. So, once I get my heart set on California, I visit the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, and I just get infatuated with Washington, and I start to cherish the rain! The small towns surrounding Seattle are so cute.  I start to yearn the petite little cottages and rain boots,  the idea of pale skin isn't too horrible anymore.  Attending the University of Washington would be so exciting! I return home eccentric about Washington. Then, what do you know, we vacation in New York and my buzz for Washington is completely wiped from my mind and I just become obsessed with the city. I start to want the total opposite, the wish for material things cross my mind, and I start to absolutely love the lifestyle New York brings. Going to class at NYU, and  meeting brand new strangers everyday while sipping your overpriced coffee! I begin to think the city life is the dream.


A Washington Road
Source: wallpedes.com



I'm so indecisive of what I want for my future, yet I keep planning and thinking about what I want to do. I'm causing my own grief! I just need step back, and relax. I chose to hope that everything will fall into place. Give myself time and I might come to conclusion on what I want, I can't be deciding now, I'm too young. But, I guess I'm never too young to care and think about the future, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment